Listen. . . Communicate. . .
Margaret Huff Mediation PO Box 121951 Nashville TN 37212-1951
Margaret M. ("Marnie") Huff
- Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator
- custom designed alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services for businesses, organizations, and individuals in Tennessee
- client-centered conflict resolution services include mediation, arbitration, collaborative problem solving, and consulting on workplace conflict management
Marnie Huff is an elected member of the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Council and serves as its Strategic Outreach Officer. She is past Chair of the Tennessee Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section and a founding member of the Tennessee Association of Professional Mediators. She was recently elected to serve on the Board of Directors of the Nashville Bar Association.
ADR News and Reports, a selection of national, state and local news of interest to Tennessee attorneys, mediators and arbitrators.
- A series of short videos on elder mediation was prepared by the Dane Co. WI Bar Association.
- On April 16, 2014 the Tennessee ADR Commission issued Advisory Opinion 2014-0002 on whether a psychiatrist who is a Rule 31 mediator may conduct mediation at hermedical practice and whether she may provide post-mediation psychiatric services to a participant in a mediation.
- The New York County Court's Commercial Division Advisory Council recommended that the Court adopt a pilot program for mandatory mediation in 1 out of 5 new commercial cases. The Court's Task force on Commercial Litigation in the 21st Century had found that mediation was underutilized in commercial cases, despite the potential to resolve disputes and reduce discovery disputes.
- Why mediate a probate case? A British solicitor suggests 10 reasons to mediate in a January 2014 online posting.
- Public Service Announcements on mediation: Check out these ABA Section of Dispute Resolution public service announcements on "Mediation. Efficient. Effective. Economical." - "Play Nice" and "Equal Levels."